CLASSIC.COM is looking for a part-time DevOps Engineer to monitor our cloud-hosted services, apply best practices, guide our technology allocations, and improve overall product experience.
You should have 3+ years of direct experience and be comfortable in a small-team, hands-on environment, able to think on your feet, and excellent at communicating the vital details of your work. Dream big, execute quickly, and pivot as needed.
This opportunity can be 100% remote (working across US time zones) or on-site at our Miami, Florida, headquarters.
You are probably the right fit if your experiences to date include:
- Monitoring cloud-based services
- Migrating workloads from VM-based configurations to functionless equivalents
- Meeting tough resource limits by moving some workloads on-prem or to bare metal
- Mitigating cost spikes
- Operating a fleet of machines solely via SSH
- Minding a service that grows at 50% per month, without downtime or bankruptcy
- A love for cars, especially classics (or at least an appreciation)
Specifically, you must be familiar with:
- Amazon AWS
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Elastic Load Balancer
- Query Optimization
- Strong shell skillz
- Git / Github
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, Backblaze)
- Coding knowledge
- FaaS (Lambda etc)
- Personal open source contributions
A typical day at CLASSIC.COM may include:
- Tackle recent stability regression
- Monitor ongoing system costs, performance and resource usage
- Document obscure periodic issues
- Monitor key dashboard metrics
- Recommend improvements
- Identify and share new ideas for the platform
- Collaboration with the team at large
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings
You will not be expected to know everything, and you should be willing to fail, learn fast, be honest, be forthright, and have fun while doing it. After all, we get to think about classic cars all day – what could be more fun than that?
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “DevOps Engineer” – in your email, include your resume and answer the question: What excites you most about this opportunity?