The Imperial Automobile Company of Jackson, Michigan, was formed by the brothers T.A. and George N. Campbell in 1908, who also ran the Jackson Carriage Company. Imperial produced mid-size cars with four-cylinder engines; the bodywork and mechanicals were primarily off-the-shelf rather than bespoke. Coachwork was done out-of-house by Beaudette Company, which also did work for Buick and Ford. Car production lasted until 1916.