The Jensen 541 was a series of cars that was introduced for the 1955 model year. The 541 was the successor to the First Generation Jensen Interceptor, and was offered as a four seat, two door grand tourer with a distinctive opening flap in place of a front grill. Although only offered as a coupe by Jensen, two examples are known to have been converted to drophead coupes by the coachbuilder Abbott. This new line of cars was powered by a Austin-sourced 135bhp 4.0L inline six engine mated to a four speed manual transmission. Just 226 examples of the Jensen 541 were built before production ended in 1959. The 541 was used as the basis for the later Jensen 541R and Jensen 541S.