The BMW 326 was introduced in 1936. The 326 was a series of cars built by BMW in a few body styles: 4 door sedan, 2 door cabriolet, and 4 door cabriolet. The 326 sedan was the first four door sedan built by BMW, as well as being the first series of BMW cars featuring a hydraulic braking system. Powered by a 1.9L straight six engine, the BMW 326 was a successful model that would eventually form the basis for a variety of future BMW models such as the BMW 320 and the BMW 327. In the UK, the 326 was imported by AFN, who owned Frazer-Nash, leading to the UK versions being known as Frazer-Nash BMW. Production of the BMW 326 ended in 1941, although 16 examples were built post war by EMW, using BMW badging.