The Aston Martin DB3S was a limited run of racing cars introduced in 1953. Created by William Watson, the DB3S replaced the unsuccessful DB3 race car. The DB3S was powered by a 3.0L inline six engine, with power going to the rear wheels through a four speed manual transmission. Only a total of 31 examples were built, with 11 being used by Aston as works racing cars, and the other 20 for customer racing teams. Production of the Aston DB3S lasted until 1956.